   RE: [xml-dev] What is the rule for parsing XML in a namespace inside HTM

  • To: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>,"Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What is the rule for parsing XML in a namespace inside HTML?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:30:30 -0700
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

It seems terribly obvious to me. If you want to make your site truly machine friendly then just expose XML and style it for Web browsers with CSS or XSLT instead of the gross hack of munging everything into XHTML. For example, look at Mark Pilgrim's Atom feed at http://diveintomark.org/xml/atom.xml.

Again I repeat; Joshua is right, XHTML was a stopgap. You are confusing a means to an end with the end in itself.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
There are always two solutions to the problem: yours and the boss's.