len

From: Rick Marshall [mailto:rjm@zenucom.com]

my 2c worth here....

i was sort of hoping by moving to xhtml there would be some consistency.
one of the big problems i face in building browser based apps is the
different tolerance between browsers to errors and following on from
that the different way they then format pages.

microsoft and netscape both took the view that they would try to make
sense of garbage rather than reject it. xhtml forces them to reject it.
with so many badly written pages and badly written html generators out
there why would the world be happy about a rigorous standard and
compiliant programming?

and html+css etc doesn't work properly either - tried printing a page
from ie with css determining the formats?

someone has to find a way through this, but it has to start with all
suppliers comitting to meet the standards. useless otherwise.

rick