   RE: [xml-dev] What is the rule for parsing XML in a namespace inside HTM

  • To: <danny@dannyayers.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What is the rule for parsing XML in a namespace inside HTML?
  • From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:42:44 -0700
  • Cc: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

> >Now this I disagree with.  HTML is a mess.  Some tags are

> But the point I was trying to make here is that once you have
> XML+XSLT+CSS you still have to give the browser something to

Yes, exactly.  People should stick to HTML only for data which is
primarily intended to be consumed in a web browser.  I would never use
XHTML for purchase orders or newsfeeds.  In fact, if I am rendering a
purchase order, I might just transform it to WordML instead of HTML.  Or
even transform it to XAML! :-)