   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specified in

  • To: "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsberger@STJUDE.ORG>, <bry@itnisk.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specified in XML schema?
  • From: "Cox, Bruce" <Bruce.Cox@USPTO.GOV>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:21:48 -0400
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

I think CAM is not useful for me in that patents are not assembled from
boilerplate.  Each one is unique.  Even in a large organization that
produces many patents, only the most trivial of content is reused from
one patent to the next (company name, attorney name).  I could be
mistaken, but I did not see a really rich content validation mechanism
in CAM, but a framework within which, in my case, there would still be
lots of custom work to do.  Xpath is cool for validating across
elements, but most of what I want to do is within a single element in a
single document (even though there are six to eight thousand per week).

Bruce B. Cox
SA4XMLT
+1-703-306-2606