len

From: Cox, Bruce [mailto:Bruce.Cox@USPTO.GOV]

I think CAM is not useful for me in that patents are not assembled from
boilerplate.  Each one is unique.  Even in a large organization that
produces many patents, only the most trivial of content is reused from
one patent to the next (company name, attorney name).  I could be
mistaken, but I did not see a really rich content validation mechanism
in CAM, but a framework within which, in my case, there would still be
lots of custom work to do.  Xpath is cool for validating across
elements, but most of what I want to do is within a single element in a
single document (even though there are six to eight thousand per week).