   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specif ied i

Len,

Ok - now you have drifted over into my other "baby" - the world of BCM -
Business-Centric Methodology.

Paraphrasing your comments - it boils down to this - time and time and time
again I hear people saying - but all I need is a schema and then we can get
this solved!

Whoever started this nonsense thinking?  Can we drag him or her outside and
shoot them or something?

Whenever I hear this I always ask - 'OK - can we start by understanding and
deciding on the business problem we are trying to solve first?'.  Once I know
that - then I have a better idea what information I might need - and then I can
figure out how to get it.  'No no - I hear - we don't need to do that - we just
need to define a schema.

And what are people going to do with the schema, and how are you going to convey
to them in a concise manner, the information you want put into it?

Hint: answer might start with C and end with M - once you have gone thru the
analysis that the BCM teaches you should be done.

Oh well.  Meanwhile people are so excited when they create a schema.

Cheers, DW