   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specif ied in

Because the schema is easy to build and quick to change
in a local environment.   If it is all optional, that's
fine as long as it recognizes the options.  It is just
a means.  The question is, is it the right means for
a situated task (yes, context is the determinant).
Context is a boundary.

The issue of scalability is that a schema declares a test
for a boundary of an information ecosystem.  One can be
within it (cenospecies), adjacent(ecotypes), overlapping (ecospecies)
or isolated (ecosystem).  The degree of stability (the
correlation coefficient) changes within some measure of
time and isolation given a dynamic ecosystem.

Dynamism creates complexity. The origins of complexity are
the number of concurrent relationships among ecotypes,
the behaviors that result from traversal or activation
of relationships, and the number and individual complexity
of interacting instances of ecotypes.

Because this occurs within an energy-constrained
environment (energy budget), means (eg CAM) are
selected by the owner or meta-agent (you and me
or some future bot), to meet goals for these ecosystems
both tasks (why do we use software) and performance
(what means do we use).

So to me, CAM is a means, not a fundamental objective.
What we should discover here is if there is a fundamental
objective that CAM can be the means to attain, and compare
it to other means.

Evolution is not only adaptive.  It is generative.

len