   Re: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specified in

Owen,

You only *think* that's what you can do.  Schema tends to be
a localizing technology - so odds are - you have to chase
down all possible users that may have old copies...

Compare this to an XML templating approach that uses registry
as the semantic store.  Now every template that references
those definitions will get the new one next time it is invoked.

Of TBL (Tim Bernes-Lee) does like this approach because he
worries about single points of failure... however registry
these days is a federated model - so content can be drawn
thru different paths and cached as needed.  The DNS itself
of course is an example of such distributed referenced
updating.

However - overall - I see compiling code is a bad way to
make changes.  The promise of XML is the ability to have
agile systems that self-configure based off XML rules sets.

This is the real promise behind technology like OASIS CAM
templates and definately the environment change we are
seeking to empower.

Cheers, DW.