From: Owen Walcher [mailto:xpriori@owenwalcher.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 10:43 AM
To: Roger L. Costello; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints
specified in XML schema?

If I am in charge of managing the applications for this company, I would
rather make a change to a schema than to have to open up source, modify
variables, and then recompile just to enforce an age of 18, say, instead of
16.

I can make this change in one place (the XSD), and the next XML document
that comes in gets the new enforcement rule... seems like, from a developer
point of view, you would want to do as much as possible in the schema,
leaving the complex logic to the application (like we only process sub-par
loans on the third Wednesday of the month) that cannot easily be done in
Schema.

Owen