   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specified in

> I don't buy into any of this layering of constraints!!
>
> Look here - its 2004 going on 2005 and we're still all thinking like COBOL
> programmers.  COBOL had copybooks, C had .h files and structs, and Java has
> similar, and now XML is supposed to have XSD.  You can add EDI to the list
> too.

It is rare that one encounters an argument that this is the way we've always
done it therefore it is wrong (okay, add an 'because we still haven't succeeded'
at the end of that) I would be more apt to think that one sees such a recurring
pattern of organization because it is an essential pattern that is hardwired
into human thinking about problems, not the only pattern of course, but an
essential one at least.