   RE: [xml-dev] Are people really using Identity constraints specified in

 > The constraints are driven by the organizational policies. If the organizational policies require that employees must be over 16, then they need  to be enforced.

That's precisely the assumption I was complaining about. If the MD of your subsidiary in Egypt tells you that he has just hired a 14-year-old tea-boy, then in most organizations that I know of it's not the job of the IT department to tell him he shouldn't have done that: IT is the servant, not the master. When the crunch comes, the tea-boy won't be fired (and even if he is, the IT system will have to record the fact).

The way to enforce an organizational policy on recruitment is by having a process for approving all hiring of employees, not by restricting the capabilities of the employee database.

Michael Kay