   RE: [xml-dev] Fallacies of Validation, version #2

Len,

GJDXM is a classic train-wreck.

The scary part is people build these schema 'dictionaries-of-domain-elements'
without even determining the use cases.  We're back to my - 'oh all we need is
a schema' rant again.

So when the GJDXM people did actually stop to ask user communities what they
wanted - they realized that there was no way that GJDXM can be deciphered and
purposed to provide that.

Solution - instead of using CAM - let's invent our own 'CAM'.

Sometimes you just shake your head.  But full credit to them for continuing to
get funded for all this - someone must believe they have all the right
answers.

Oh well.

DW

p.s.  fighting complexity is a tough battle everywhere - not just OASIS.  some
vendors thrive on complexity - since they figure only their vast team resources
can figure out the implementation details then.  Automatic lock-in.  Also - if
something is inherently simple - why hire legions of consultants?  So "the
system" has a vested interested in perpetuating schema - oops - I meant
complexity ; -)