   Re: [xml-dev] Fault-tolerance in web services

That doesn't seem at all like a naïve question, especially since your
additional information is right on the mark. The situation you imagine
is - I am certain - often done in practice, by offering a service at
multiple addresses.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World