   Re: [xml-dev] automatically generate ID attribute for XML element

  • To: John Song <sq02@keg.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] automatically generate ID attribute for XML element
  • From: "David RR Webber (XML eBusiness)" <w3c@drrw.info>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:04:26 -0400
  • Cc: Xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

John,

You may want to look at the approach jCAM is taking to this using UID
values.

The advantage of doing this in the <ContentReference> section of your
CAM template is that instead of the on-the-wire XML instances all having
to carry this baggage - they are all neatly in the CAM template instead
- that can be referenced off-line as needed.

See http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/cam for more details, tutorial
and open source links.

DW