   RE: [xml-dev] Is the Tide Turning Again? WS-MetadataExchange (Sun and Ot

Joe wrote:
> It seems that the tide may be turning toward
> greater support of development of such vendor
> specifications, prior to their
> being submitted to an open standards consortium*.
>

> *such a submission is purely my own assumption, and is based on
> pure speculation.

You may want to get involved with the Web Services Workshops (see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/community/workshops/).  The
workshops are freely open to anyone.

Your assumption regarding submissions is correct.  Microsoft
intends to submit completed specifications to a standards-setting
organization and is committed to license necessary technology on
a royalty-free basis.