   RE: [xml-dev] Ted Nelson's "XML is Evil"

> > OK, so how would you archive the results of a national
> > census? That's about as structured as you get. I would do it in XML.
>
> There are really three issues implied in this question: archive and
> public and private access.

You might read three questions but I only wrote one. I asked about archive.

> If one has to mix the  concerns
> then XML is
> as good as anything. Personally, I'd rather separate them, generating
> XML for public access as needed.

You don't have to mix the concerns, and I didn't... I was asking about
archive.

> Personally, I'd want to know more about any application requirements
> before I'd say that XML alone would be sufficient.

The requirement for archiving a national census is to maximize the
probability of being able to extract the information, without loss, and to
minimize the cost of doing so, in say 100 years' time.

Michael Kay