   Re: [xml-dev] Ted Nelson's "XML is Evil"

> I think the topic at hand is inline markup. How could omitting the
> markup make it easier to understand the meaning and structure of the
> contents of a file?

That's not really the topic though... the question is whether XML
*adds* anything, and/or whether it precludes/complicates certain kind
of applications. I think we can all say that for a large number of
applications, explicit inline markup can make things easier. We can
also say that the interoperability XML brings is also of great benefit
in many domains. OTOH, other applications... like managing multiple
derived translations (or perhaps phrasal annotations) of a text can be
complicated quite considerably by inline markup.