   RE: [xml-dev] Blogging Systems

Internal (would be my guess) and information exchange.
Business-focused, not personal, but without extremes
of protocol and decorum beyond basic good manners.

Consider that you have a corporation with multiple
verticals who need to do cross-selling (combine
products, make referrals).  Marketing needs to
know more details than customers and needs to be
close to real time on development work.   Marketing
might only want high level information but keep
it current.  Developers need more information about
each other's work but might not be in the same
product groups.

Blogs with comments turned on would be a quick way
to get that without dumping yetAnotherCommand&Control
system into the culture.  Rather than C2, start a
conversation within the corporation.  If that works
well, start it with the customer.

I suppose the first questions are, how hard is it to
set up a company-wide blog server and how much does
that cost?   Then how does discovery work (say, how
does one find the bloggers doing topics of interest)?

len

From: Lauren Wood [mailto:lauren@textuality.com]

Maybe figure out what they want a blogging system? Things like:
- internal?
- external?
- project management?
- personal?
- marketing?
- information exchange?
- just because it is meant to be the next big thing?

Lauren