   Re: [xml-dev] A few general questions about SVG

Robin Berjon wrote:
> Thomas B. Passin wrote:
>
>> 3) Progressively disclose more detail for each stage of the zoom by
>> changing a css stylesheet.  I don't know which, if any,
>> implementations let you manipulate the css using javascript, though.
>

> Implementations that support CSS will let you manipulate it through the
> CSS DOM, but for this case you would just manipulate the viewBox
> attribute using core DOM methods.

Sure, but once you have messed with the viewbox, you still have to make
the newly enlarged details and text visible (for progressive
disclosure), and that's that part I was thinking about.  Still,
sometimes a stylesheet change might not be enough and you would want to
add or subtract text using DOM manipulation, like you said.

> Let's be serious, no one on this list at this date is willing to use IE
> unless perhaps for one of those reality shows where you have to do
> discusting or scary things ;) I've been a happy user of ASV inside
> Safari and Firefox (on Windows, and it works on Linux as well) for quite
> a while.

Ooh, when did the plugin start working with Moz?  I haven't worked with
svg for maybe 6 months, and at that time it was still incompatible.
When I saw that Roger, the OP, specifically mentioned the plugin, I
assumed that he was thinking of IE.  Glad to hear it isn't so anymore.

Cheers,

Tom P

--
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)