   Re: [xml-dev] XML, XQueries, and Databases: Hot Questions?

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> I am chairing a town hall meeting at XML 2004 on Tuesday evening. What
> are the hot topics that you would like to hear the experts talk about?
>
> Jonathan
>
> Tuesday, November 16, 7:30 PM
> XML, Queries, and Databases
> Track: Townhall
> Audience Level: Technical View
> This Town Hall meeting will invite industry experts to discuss XQuery,
> SQL 2003, programming APIs for XML query languages, and databases.
> Presenter(s): Jonathan Robie, XML Program Manager, DataDirect
> Technologies, United States

Progamming API for XML query languages should make programming easy.

Here's an apparently very controversial question: Easy for the database
writer, or for the application writer?

I don't want to be sarcastic about JDBC, so I point to the excellent
remark in
http://www.mindprod.com/unmainphilosophy.html

A bit more positively, what is the outlook on reliable, maintainable,
robust programs?
How can validation systems like XML Schema or Relax NG affect
programming with XML and databases?

cheers,
Burak