   RE: [xml-dev] UPA and schema handling

> It says in part:
>
>     In our opinion the detection of a non-deterministic model
>     as an error in a DTD or Schema would be wrong, and we will
>     not implement this.
>
> Sounds to me as if they're ignoring a normative portion of
> the spec, and
> don't consider this a bug....

If they've done it by design, then it isn't a bug.

In general vendors will only produce conformant products if enough users
insist on it.

Some standards bodies have tried to use trademark law to prevent the use of
the name of a specification in association with a non-conformant product.
But without a certification programme, it's hard to see how one could do
that.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/