   RE: [xml-dev] Why *is* XQuery taking so long?

Not fair :-)

Actually, there is a pretty far advanced proposal for what we call the
data manipulation language. The questions become more political in the
sense I prefer keyword X over Y or error instead of no-op and whether we
need to go beyond the basic language semantics and delve into broader
transaction management issues (I personally hope not).

So my guess is that it is within the next year that we will see first
output from the working group, but that it will take probably another
two to three years to get the spec to recommendation status.

Best regards
Michael