   RE: [xml-dev] After XQuery, are we done?

Michael Kay wrote:

>> you can put down "XML Linking."
>
>No thankyou.
>
>Hyperlinks belong in the user interface space, XML should represent
>information independently of the user interface. It was always
architecturally
>wrong to do hyperlinking at the XML level and the attempt should not be
repeated.

>"Modelling relationships in XML" - that would be different.

I completely agree. That's why I said "XML Linking" and not "XML
Hyperlinking."  I think that modeling relationships is a bit ambitious,
though; a "model" makes me think of an ordered structure of components.
Perhaps "representing relationships" would be the lower-hanging fruit, but
we don't need a new standard to say that resource X has relationship Y to
resource Z; we've got RDF for that.

Bob