   Re: [xml-dev] UPA and schema handling

Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> These behavior is extremely detrimental to the industry.

Agreed.

> Now companies like Microsoft now have to deal with angry customers who complain that our tools reject their schemas which were authored with the "industry's leading XML tool" or which have now become standards in their particular business sphere.

Although if we generalize what you said:

"Now companies like $1 now have to deal with angry customers who
complain that our tools reject their $2 which were authored with the
"industry's leading $3 tool" or which have now become standards in
their particular business sphere. "

then we seen that XML Spy is not special in this regard. It's an
industry-wide malaise that companies only conform to or 'boosterize'
standards when it's financially prudent to do so. They tend to leave
that bit out of IT Standards 101 ;)

cheers
Bill