   Re: [xml-dev] After XQuery, are we done?

Hunsberger, Peter wrote:

> That's exactly my point, if we ever got to the point where we could
> manage graphs (in general) I don't think you'd need to care about trees
> anymore.

We can manage graphs just fine now, but in some cases it's simply more
obvious or more efficient or both to take advantage of the tree-nature
of certain graphs and even to limit yourself to tree structures. Maybe
one day someone will discover magic graph processing algorithms that
outperform tree-based algorithms and are simpler to boot, but I kind of
doubt it.