   Re: [xml-dev] RELAX NG pluggable type libraries

Robin Berjon wrote:

> Is there any chance that when done you would document the process one
> needs to go through? The SVG WG is putting the final touches to the SVG
> 1.2 RNG, and as a further step beyond that would be to create a type
> library that would be able to understand SVG's types in order to get
> much closer to a complete SVG validator comparable to the HTML and CSS
> validators that the W3C makes available.

Quick summary:

1. Create your own subtypes of org.relaxng.datatype.DatatypeLibrary,
org.relaxng.datatype.Datatype, and
org.relaxng.datatype.DatatypeLibraryFactory.
2. Let Eclipse "correct" all missing methods.
3. Write the code for each such corrected method, occasionally with
reference to the sample from Jing and the API docs.

None of the methods are in and of themselves all that complex. It's just
that there are a few more of them than I expected.