   RE: [xml-dev] Schema Evolution

Sorry for my pickiness here: I'm not certain how you are using the term
"enterprise architecture here", but I do not believe that this very
important issue is related to an enterprise architecture in the
traditional sense of the term enterprise architecture. One may have an
*application* that is used to support the requirements described below,
that would be mapped to the Application Layer of an enterprise
architecture.

In terms of SOA - that is, if the schema defines the payload of a
message that is associated with a service - this could be accomplished
through a governance body and their associated policies and procedures.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World