   Re: [xml-dev] Schema Evolution

Ian,

I suppose the harsh realities of life impact on the ideal .... there’s no
silver bullet. We would like components to understand any version
(backwards, forwards or non-backwards compatible), but the reality seems
like we won’t be able to guarantee they can understand what they get. I
guess I always knew this, just wondered what strategies people had adopted
in order to reduce the cost of change.

Cheers.
---

Andrew