   RE: [xml-dev] Schema Evolution

One of the answers that crops up to our problem (albeit internally within
the project) of limiting the cost of change is to cut back on the rich
structure we capture in our XML. In short instead of mapping our logical UML
model into a very similar rich xml structure make the xml more like a
Metamodel, and capture content rules outside of this Metamodel. The theory
is that the underlying code of all applications would not change frequently,
and that applications interpret the content as oppose to the structure.

My gut feeling is this is a smoke and mirrors answer, but wondered what
others thought?

Cheers.

---

Andew