   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

> I don't believe that for a minute. As hardware gets faster, this will
> too.

It's not just speed.  It's things like "namespace stack depth" and
"current element token length" and so on.  Those aren't speed issues, but
are more akin to caching issues.  (With today's CPUs caching is often at
least as important as speed.)  The amount of *state* you have to hold is
the factor I'm talking about.  These effect the overall system design.

> Datapower builds XML parsers in hardware. Are you
> saying this is an issue for you? If so, please elaborate. If not, why do
> you think it would be an issue?

No, it is not an issue for us.  (I won't explain why).  I tried to explain
above why it can be an issue.  I wouldn't be surprised if we have to deal
with it sometime.

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html