   Re: [xml-dev] ezXML parser available

They're a couple of confusing points on the web page I hoped you could
elaborate on. First:

"No support for wide character sets. However UTF-8 is handled correctly."

This may be my lack of C knowledge, but isn't UTF-8 a wide character
set? Do you mean you don't handle UTF-16? UTF-8 and UTF-16 are required
for a conformant parser. Other character sets are not.

"Ignores xml directives of the form <!...> and <?...?>. This means that
xml features that rely on these directives, such as namespaces and DTDs,
are not supported. Consiquently, ezXML is not a validating parser and
tag names are reported exactly as they appear in the xml document. "

This really confuses me. I suppose you're not required to report
comments and processing instructions, though you must check them for
well-formedness. But how does this impact namespaces and DTDs? Neither
of those depends on comments or processing instructions.