   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 07:59:24PM +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Liam Quin wrote:
[...]
> >If the spec is confusing, the right approach is not to implement it
> >differently and incompatibly. The right approach is to help get the
> >spec clarified, [...]
>
> Indeed. I think most people who tried this for W3C Recs really look
> forward to changes to the W3C Process document that would make such
> attempts less frustrating.

What changes did you have in mind?

Note that every spec goes through public review at multiple times
during its life cycle, and every public comment must be addressed
by the Working Group.  This doesn't mean that any arbitrary change
can happen, though -- the WG can address the comment by explaining
why they didn't accept a comment!

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/