   Re: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

I guess it worries me when people say that the problem with XML is
that it doesn't do ENOUGH. Most of the problems I see stem from trying
to do too much, too soon, and biting off more before the previous
mouthful was chewed.

That's just disagreeing that this is an *XML* problem, not saying that
it's not a challenge that W3C might want to address or xml-dev argue
about.  (State it in haiku and we'll be happy to beat any subject to
death <duck>). It seems more within the domain of the
meta-architecture of the Web that the TAG wrestles with or the classic
challenges of ontology and epistimology that the semantic web people
westle with.

Also, isn't the challenge of querying a distributed database without a
central index at the bleeding edge of computer science?  Or would some
way of leveraging Google (or whatever) to find the location of the
meta-information work for what you have in mind?