   RE: [xml-dev] Partyin' like it's 1999

> Micah Dubinko
> I'd be interested in seeing any that manage to pull that off, because
> the oft-quoted disambiguation case isn't too common in XSLT, in my
> experience, at least no more common than two different kinds of
> <address> elements in a document.

Off hand, the only time I can think that I've needed to disambiguate between local names of elements in XSLT and elements that the XSLT is generating, is when generating XSLT via XSLT, and in that case namespaces don't help. Namespaces are equivalent to lisp's package system, but are used in XSLT in leiu of backquote, because the backquote equivalent (xsl:element and xsl:attribute) are not wieldy enough, so there's the 'backquote anything from a different namespace' rule too.

Pete