   RE: [xml-dev] Whacky XML editor in Intellij IDEA

> I guess there is still the anomaly that if namespace
> names MUST obey URI syntax, it is very odd that they don't obey URI
> comparison semantics.  Sigh.

Which URI comparison semantics did you have in mind? One that looks up a DNS
name and turns it into an IP address, perhaps?

The TAG did a study of this and found there was no feasible algorithm for
URI equality comparison other than codepoint comparison (which is clearly
wrong, but at least predictable).

Michael Kay