   RE: [xml-dev] using more then one schema within one XML

My interpretation is that a parser should issue an error if it encounters an
"overriding" xsi:schemaLocation or xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation after it
has already used the first xsi:schemaLocation and
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation:

---------------------
4 xsi:schemaLocation and xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation [attributes] can
occur on any element. However, it is an error if such an attribute occurs
after the first appearance of an element or attribute information item
within an element information item initially .validated. whose [namespace
name] it addresses. [...]   Although schema location attributes can occur on
any element, and can be processed incrementally as discovered, their effect
is essentially global to the .assessment.. Definitions and declarations
remain in effect beyond the scope of the element on which the binding is
declared.

In other words, if a parser encounters a xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation at
some place, then validates an element with no namespace, then encounters
another xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation further on, it should issue an error.
Are you saying  that *some* parsers issue an error and some don't?  Or are
you saying that you would expect a parser to switch to the new "location"
indicated by the overriding xsi:schemaLocation or
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation?

Alessandro Triglia