   Re: [xml-dev] Hello XQuery ... Goodbye XSLT?

Michael Champion wrote:
> Anyway, I would like hear from people who have strong feelings about
> whether XSLT meets their needs and XQuery doesn't or vice versa,
> whether SQL-XML will eventually eat XQuery's lunch  in database
> scenarios, and what people plan do with XQuery *besides" use it as a
> database query language.

Me, too, especially SQL/XML. A year ago, there was almost nothing about
this on the Web, but there are quite a few articles now, which seems to
indicate some traction. Still, the syntax is rather awkward and I'd be
curious to know how it fares against XQuery over relational.

BTW, there will be a panel Tuesday night at XML 2004 discussing these
and other XML/database issues. I, for one, would love it if people using
these technologies showed up and gave us their impressions -- it all too
often feels like I'm working in a vacuum.

-- Ron