   Re: [xml-dev] Issues with XML and Semantic Web ?

Tim Bray wrote:
> Just a reminder that the RDF.net challenge is still open: see
> http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/05/21/RDFNet (you can skip
> all the history and markup-pedantry and jump to the challenge itself, at
> the bottom of that essay).  -Tim

I read the history and markup-pedantry and skipped the challenge :)

I agree that the "RDF-the-idea a whole lot better than RDF the actual
technology." And your sample syntax is a whole lot better than RDF's
syntax. But I have trouble believing that RDF will go anywhere as long
as it depends on URIs like:

Let's face it. I want to write about Bob, Bob's house, the address of
Bob's house, and the color of Bob's house, not:

-- Ron