   Re: [xml-dev] Issues with XML and Semantic Web ?

As I cannot get to the challenge :), I will talk about the pre-challenge
portion.

I think syntax is only 1 of the problems with RDF - but definitely a
problem. RPV makes syntax better, but not sure if it works..

Other problems with RDF as mentioned --
1. Even if I know the "predicate", I have to look up and find out the
predicate.
2. for RPV, where R and V are both URIs, there is a confusion between
whether we should write RPV or VPR -- this will be a problem, probably the
predicate explanation will have to include this, with examples..

Who can benefit from inferencing supported? - I believe domains where
people do not mind doing this bit of extra work, provided they get lot of
benefit. I think data (and not metadata) describing symptoms of diseases,
and symptoms of symptoms etc in the medical domain from different parts of
the world/different hospitals etc??

best, murali.

Note; In RDF Schema, I am curious why subproperties do not talk anything
about domain and range being subclasses.. To ensure that the logic stays
in first-order? I am not sure if this will affect a lot, when do we need
subproperties/subclasses in the first place?? Not in the application
domains that I am thinking of??