   RE: [xml-dev] Hello XQuery ... Goodbye XSLT?

Peter Hunsberger wrote:

>Some how I don't think one can claim to understand programing if you don't
>understand recursion.  Recursion is a fundamental concept in Computer
Science.

Understanding it and getting the factorial homework assignment done in
school is one thing, but many people have productive careers without ever
needing recursion, so they don't get practice at it, so when it comes up
they avoid it.

Some people can parallel park their car in their driving test, but they live
somewhere where they never need to parallel park, so they avoid it when the
possibility comes up. It doesn't mean they don't know how to drive.

Bob DuCharme   www.snee.com/bob       <bob@
snee.com> weblog on linking-related topics:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1191