   RE: [xml-dev] Hello XQuery ... Goodbye XSLT?

Title: RE: [xml-dev] Hello XQuery ... Goodbye XSLT?

Jonathan Robie wrote:

> I'm not sure that it hits the same sweet spot when SQL/XML adds all of
> XQuery, plus a bunch of other stuff. Simplicity is a main virtue of
> SQL/XML in SQL 2003. It's gonna get a lot less simple.

Interesting.  I'd no idea that it was intended that SQL should grow in this way. I agree entirely - this sounds like a mistake to me.

Jonathan

Satellite Information Services Limited Registered Office:
17 Corsham Street London N1 6DR, Company No. 4243307

The information in this e-mail (which includes any files
transmitted with it) is confidential and is intended for the
addressee only. Unauthorised recipients are required to
maintain confidentiality. If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify the sender immediately, destroy any
copies and delete it from your computer system.