   RE: [xml-dev] Hello XQuery ... Goodbye XSLT?

Title: RE: [xml-dev] Hello XQuery ... Goodbye XSLT?

Ronald Bourret wrote

> I'm curious as to why you use XSLT as opposed to just generating the
> result you want straight from the database with SQL/XML.

I perform multiple transforms.  I'm in the business of transmitting real-time incremental XML data feeds over a satellite link. I use SQL/XML to produce firstly 'master' and secondly 'increment' XML documents for transmission. The increments are applied to the masters and then the growing masters styled (usually into XHTML) at the remote end of the satellite.

John

Satellite Information Services Limited Registered Office:
17 Corsham Street London N1 6DR, Company No. 4243307

The information in this e-mail (which includes any files
transmitted with it) is confidential and is intended for the
addressee only. Unauthorised recipients are required to
maintain confidentiality. If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify the sender immediately, destroy any
copies and delete it from your computer system.