   Seeking implementation advice on WFC:PE Between Declarations in Producti

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Seeking implementation advice on WFC:PE Between Declarations in Production
  • From: Jeff Rafter <lists@jeffrafter.com>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:43:21 -0800

Because I know that several of you out there have implemented this
(okay,  based on some conformance results only a few of you...) I was
wondering if anyone cared to offer some advice on implementing the
WFC:PE Between Declarations in Production [1]. My main question is this:
can you simply check that the entity doesn't start a declaration and not
finish it? This would be similar to the implementation of VC: Proper
Declaration/PE Nesting [2]? It seems that the only two cases where the
VC and WFC are not redundant is that the WFC adds the additional
constraint that a PEReference (the actual ref, not the replacement
value) cannot be started in one entity and ended in another and that a
conditional section cannot be started in one entity and ended in another. *

* I make this claim because the VC refers only to markupDecl and the WFC
refers to extSubsetDecl which includes (markupDecl | conditionalSect |
DeclSep).

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/REC-xml-20040204-review.html#PE-between-Decls
[2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/REC-xml-20040204-review.html#vc-PEinMarkupDecl

Thanks again for any guidance... I really am almost done asking all of
these questions : )
Jeff Rafter