   Is order in XML guaranteed?

Hi,

If we have data items like this:
<data>
  <d>5.0</d>
  <d>6.0</d>
</data>

We know for sure that in the application logic, we add 5.0, and then add
6.0, in a specific order.  Since we are storing big amount of data (1-D
array, usually 200 items), we want to MAKE SURE that data retrieved are in
the right order we put in.

The question is: does the XML spec, or parser spec guarantee these 2 items
to be stored/retrieved in order ?

If not, then do we have to do this:

<data>
  <d seq="1">5.0</d>