   Web Services/SOA (was RE: [xml-dev] XML 2004 weblog items?)

  • To: "Michael Champion" <michaelc.champion@gmail.com>, <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Web Services/SOA (was RE: [xml-dev] XML 2004 weblog items?)
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:46:52 -0500

I noticed that as well (it was especially evident to me, since my
session last year was on Web Services standards:) Speaking on the US
federal government space, the Department of Defense (DoD) is adopting
SOA very heavily as part of its NetCentricity initiative. NetCentricity
encompasses people, process, and technology, and SOA is the technology
piece. The SOA portion is known as NetCentric Core Enterprise Services
(NCES). On the civil side, there is not (yet) as heavy an emphasis, but
I envision the existence of shared services in the civil space (as with
the DoD space) in the not-too-distant future.

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World