From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
To: "Jonathan Robie" <jonathan.robie@datadirect.com>;
<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2004 10:23
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Why are XML crowds older?

The demographics of XML conferences tend to be people with an SGML
background which by definition skews them to be older than the average .NET
or Java developer. I wouldn't consider this to be the indicative of the
demographics of people using XML in their daily lives as developers.

That would be like extrapolating the demographics of the users of Unicode
from the demographics of the various conferences on the subject.