   Wikipedia and Topic Maps

Would a wikipedia be improved if the topic map model were used for creating
it?

Noting the Ontopia session that Steve Pepper gave, I can see some immediate
applications
within an enterprise.   I wonder about collaborative authoring at web scale.

Ontopia also has a nice visualization capability.   How one might generalize
that
to an online web service is an interesting issue.

Topic maps cluster information.   That's good.   How hard or easy is it to
reorganize a topic map when a new idea comes in over the transom?  Is the
clustering an impediment to realizing new ideas?  Is this just a tool issue?

I'm mixing up some thoughts from my blog, Tim's blog on blogging, and ideas
about innovation.   I'm wondering how topic maps fit between the connected
but separable processes of creating ideas and innovating technologies.

len