   RE: [xml-dev] Web Services/SOA (was RE: [xml-dev] XML 2004 weblog items?

So SOA is RPC with a calling convention for methods? Sounds silly to me.
I like Don's four fundamentals of service orientation from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/01/Indigo/default.aspx

* Boundaries are explicit
* Services are autonomous
* Services share schema and contract, not class
* Service compatibility is determined based on policy

It's basically a philosophy on how one should treat building distributed
application instead of a way to repackage yesterday's technology with
today's buzzwords so one can charge an arm and a leg for building
applications with tomorrow's toolkits.

I especially like the fact that it's quite easy to see how RESTful
applications are service oriented using those guiding principles.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Ade's Law: Anybody can win -- unless there happens to be a second entry.

rights.