   RE: [xml-dev] struggling to learn RDF ..

Paul,
I don't know if this is a good resource for you or not, but I have a
tutorial at IBM's developerWorks site on using XQuery to translate a simple
XML document (the "bib" file  that ships with the XQuery Use Cases) into
RDF. It was intended both for RDF people wanting to learn XQuery and for
XML/XQuery people wanting to learn RDF. It takes a "learning by analogy"
approach: "Here's some simple XML; here's what some correspondingly simple
RDF might look like, and here's the XQuery that does the translation between
the two". There's a short section specifically on RDF basics. You have to go
through a brief IBM "registration" process if you haven't accessed their
tutorials previously, but I don't recall it being that bad:

   http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-xqrdf-i.html?S_TACT=104AHW
18&S_CMP=ZHP

Best,
Howard