   Need help: Including sevearl xml files in one xml

Hi,
  Though this may sound quite an easy question, but Im not able to include an xml file in the main xml file from where it is being called.

I want that at runtime, from the main xml file, another xml file should be called. And the processing of this included xml file is based on some statements of the main xml file. In short, I just want that when I run the main xml file, it should automatically pick up the xml in the included xml file and do the processing as if the statements in the included one were already there and it was just a single xml file being run.

I tried using:
<!DOCTYPE etp_plan [
<!ENTITY include_file SYSTEM "a.xml">
]>

and then used:
 &include_file;

where I wanted the file to be included. But its not helping me at all.

Can anyone please help me.

Many thanks,
Bharti.